Consulting & Implementation
Scope: Accelerate the implementation of Sigmafine with our expert professionals to help you plan, design, implement, commission and support Sigmafine.
Audience: New Sigmafine customers, sites where Sigmafine is not implemented yet, major new model development in a business unit not currently using Sigmafine.
Deliverable: To provide customers with comprehensive consulting and engineering services for the successful deployment of Sigmafine.
Collection and assessment of data used for system design and model(s) to meet both project and customer business needs.
Data gathering involves all tasks required to collect data to be used for the reconciliation procedure and for understanding system integration requirements.
Typically, this involves:
- Flow meters data from historian systems
- Tank data from historian and/or tank gauging systems
- Product analysis data from laboratory and online analyzers
- Material Movement declarations (source, destination, start time, end time, product and quantity, when available)
- Gathering and analysis of stakeholder business need(s) in order to develop the balance analysis specifications to be performed by the system
Collect and analyze
- All inputs and outputs to the flows
- All meters, receipt/shipment points, units, tanks, metering, analyzers and flows
- Data source or calculation method for each input type (meters, tanks, etc.)
- List of Units of Measure (UOM) for all measurement points along with source engineering units
- List of customer’s naming conventions
- Typical data for all inputs
- Diagram of logical Sigmafine model
- Project Work Plan
- Functional Design Document (FDS)
Required data and information to develop the FDS
Configure the system and build models which are then employed to perform a balanced analysis using a reference dataset. Stage the system to stand alone.
The scope of this phase is to translate the information collected in the previous phase into a working standalone system. It involves:
- Building the database, model, and graphical layout
- Configuring data references, calculations, and default values as needed
- Configuring the Analysis Rule and Time Rule
At the end of this phase, the system is ready to perform the reconciliation using manually entered data and run in a staging environment.
- Use a predefined library containing element templates with attributes for the creation of elements such as tanks, meters, flows, nodes, manifolds, receipt/shipment points, etc.
- Configure and extend the element templates by adding new attributes
- Configure the UOM for each attribute
- Configure the input method for all attributes: process historians, calculations via data reference, default values, missing value replacement rules, etc.
- Configure the Analysis Rule and Time Rule
- Prepare manual entry data sheets with typical data and load them into the model
- Carry out solvability analysis to identify and resolve model issues
- Balance analysis to identify and resolve any configurational changes
- Model (database & display files)
- Progress reports
Install the Sigmafine software in its operating environment. Integrate the system and various data sources to validate data flows in and out.
During this phase of implementation, the system (containing the Sigmafine software and related software clients and add-ons) is installed on-site, connected to its data sources, and tested for integrity and functionality.
- Carry out pre-installation reviews to ensure prerequisites are met
- Install Sigmafine server and its associated optional software components
- Install Sigmafine client components
- Install Sigmafine add-ons
- Configure Sigmafine add-ons
- Move the model to the customer environment
- Test and resolve links to data historians, which are typically the main source of data
- Integrate and test all other systems integrated with Sigmafine
- Test integrated system to confirm correct software installation and connectivity
- System ready for testing with test dataset
- Progress report
- Required hardware, operating systems, and relevant third-party hardware/products installed and operational
- Technical support available to assist in system integration (network, security, etc.)
- Assignment of a system owner/manager
Validate that the balance analysis and the system using live data and make necessary model and systems adjustments.
In this phase, the integrated system is staged on-site with live operational data. Balances are run and the results are validated in order to achieve error-free balance analysis. The end of this phase is confirmed by the customer’s approval of the system.
Execution of Site Acceptance Test (SAT) based on the customer-approved Functional Design Specifications (FDS) document:
- Consolidation of the data reconciliation environment
- Validation of integration with external systems
- Verification that calculations, manual data entry, and reports are correctly executed
- Configuration and participation of all elements defined in the model
- Perform required model and system adjustments
- System installation and acceptance
- Product documentation
- Database, configuration, and display file
- Relevant data, use cases, and testing scenarios for system acceptance
- Users’ availability to perform test and validate results
- Technical support available to assist in system integration, including external data sources (e.g. ERP, Planning & Scheduling, and more)
- System acceptance
Commission the system according to the roll-out plan and support user adoption. Confirm achievement of customer’s business goals.
Commissioning of the system includes training; documentation; user assistance during initial roll-out; guidance on performing periodic system operations and maintenance tasks.
- Customer accessibility of Sigmafine system in the production environment
- Customer use of Sigmafine tools to accomplish daily tasks
- Assistance with Sigmafine to the customer where needed
- Guidance in performing periodic tasks efficiently
- Roll-out support
- System documentation
- As-built FDS
- Resources assigned to the management and operation of the Sigmafine system