Fighting for Marketshare with Sigmafine
Sigmafine helps power generators reduce losses, lower costs, improve asset utilization & reliability, streamline business processes, and maximize profitability.
Sigmafine validates, reconciles, and conditions internal measurements, vendor transactions, and business data that can be relied upon to increase efficiencies and improve equipment utilization.
The power and utilities industry requires accurate, reliable production and equipment performance KPIs, both of which may be used as the basis for trade, product valuations, and pricing while upholding compliance regulations. This requirement makes digitization critical for any modern power and utilities site; teams must make efficient use of metered data to achieve operational excellence and stay competitive.
Validated and reconciled data is combined with material information to provide production and consumption reports, inventory stocks, site balance by material, and plant/process unit yields.
Early detection of process deviations and measurement errors allowing users to more accurately estimate, monitor, and control site losses.
Near Real-Time Energy Management
Accurately monitoring energy-intensive equipment is critical to improving usage and decreasing emissions.
A single source of truth, allowing users to automatically transfer data to business systems and databases.
Gross error detection, as well as, identify and reduce measurement bias and drifts.
More accurately estimatte, monitor leaks, and control site losses.
Consolidation of Disparate Data Sources
Sigmafine pulls together disparate data types (operations, inventory, quality, energy and utilities consumption, material movement including receipts and shipments) into an integrated model that is solved continually.
Closed-loop business process integration with ERP for cost allocation, performance reporting, etc.
- Estimate, monitor, and control site losses
- Support product distribution optimization (heat, steam, electricity, water, etc.)
- Power hourly production balancing for near real-time assessment
- Validate unit production efficiencies
- Automatically validate and restore regulatory emissions parameters
- Automatically transfer data to business systems and databases
- Maintain auditability compliance
The Benefits of Improved Data Quality
Improved data quality in the power and utilities industry is primarily associated with:
- Automating and validating business and financial accounting
- More accurately estimating and monitoring leaks and losses
- More accurately monitoring production and environmental strategies
- Reducing KPI uncertainties
- Monitoring and validating capacities and efficiencies
- Estimating and monitoring losses across the process unit’s distribution network
The Business Impact of Implementing Sigmafine
Sigmafine customers chose to implement Sigmafine to leverage the many benefits that come with a single, cohesive, validated dataset, including:
- Achieving data consistency by applying first principles and concentration laws
- Safeguarding production figures and KPIs
- Making production figures and KPIs available for operations, production planning, and performance monitoring
- Automating enterprise reporting
- Facilitating seamless trade and billing transactions
- Increasing site-wide efficiencies
On top of delivering these benefits that drive operational excellence, it’s been estimated that Sigmafine has a payback period of less than 6 months – a critical value proposition for customers who are tightening resources to stay competitive.
Sigmafine References in Power & Utilities
Used For: Performance monitoring; loss estimation; business integration
Benefit: Automatic plant accounting and performance monitoring; Systems integration; correct unit performance KPIs calculation; automatic hourly monitoring and notification of meters, process units KPIs quality
Summary: Automatic online validation and balancing; performance monitoring; Systems integration; corrected unit performance KPIs.
Summary: Business integration, meter monitoring, performance monitoring; Systems integration
Fighting for Marketshare with Sigmafine
Sigmafine helps power generators reduce losses, lower costs, improve asset utilization and integrity, streamline business process, and maximize profitability.